Sunday, February 13, 2011

Evil Eyes Everywhere!



I absolutely love my evil eye bracelets, which display a strong meaning in my Persian culture. Although the evil eye is a Turkish symbol, many other individuals of different nationalities, such as Persians, Greeks, and Egyptians, sport the evil eye too. In fact, Egyptians have their own unique representation of the evil eye (shown below). I love this design so much that I even have a tattoo of it!

Egyptian Evil Eye Design
                                                                           
 It is becoming more and more known around the  world everyday, with its display in pieces of jewelry, and other accessories, such as scarvesThe evil eye has several different meanings, but in my Persian culture, it represents: keeping the "bad" away, and allowing good karma into your life. Every chance I get, I collect more and more of the bracelets, and I recently received an evil eye necklace as well.

Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, also love sporting the evil eye, whether it's around her wrist or neck!


                             They're everywhere! Even in a scarf...                        
 Paris Hilton & Friend

Check out the following blog for more on other ways the evil eye is displayed and depicted all around the world:
http://evileyeblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment